the ultimate data normalization tool
The business case:
Many IT systems must upload data from external sources. Usually the data are delivered in text-based files. If the structure and formats of these data doesn’t fit the expected one, the recipients are faced with two choices:
- staff fits the data manually
- develop specific interfaces
Both cases are very expensive.
Save cost and resources by using shape@once.
Return of invest is nearly immediately.
- multiple file import - files are automatically merged during import
- no volume limitation - process millions of records at once.
- intuitive ‘shape’ functions - use shape@once immediately after installation, no training necessary
- powerful ‘shape’ function library - even complex actions can be performed quickly and without any programming knowledge.
- macro recording - complete workflows (sequence of ‘shape’ actions) can be recorded and repeated. Recurring workflows are done with a click.
- content validation - column based content validation against types, regex, Java DateTime definitions and customized lists.
- content translation - translates content via a customized dictionary.
- export data - export the data as desired.
- integration - integration into existing system environments by utilizing web services
import → shape → export
1st step: import data to be ‘shaped’
browse files to be shaped and click ‘import’
the data are imported and the workbench grid is active
2nd step: shape data
a) unique shape session: apply shape functions
b) recurring shape session: run macro
3rd step: export data
select export format and ‘download’
Request a live demo - possibly with own data - to get an impression how powerful this tool is.
automate your recurring shape sessions
The business case:
One or more data sources deliver cyclically the same files in the same structure but with new content. In such a case, the macro feature of shape@once helps a lot to decrease the workload. But if there are a lot of source files the remaining workload is still high.
shapepro@once provides the possibility to run shape@once macros automatically. Together with file handling features like move, rename, remove, etc. shapepro@once allows the configuration of complex workflows.
- complex workflow Configuration by
- - - running shape@once (source files - macro - target file)
- - - runing file commands (copy, rename...)
- Configuring the starting conditions of the workflows